If you’re reading this, chances are you just opened a Windfall Checking® account at CCU. Congratulations! Now that you have a high-yield checking account with benefits, including no monthly fees and refunded ATM fees with no minimum balance
requirement, you might be wondering what happens next.
To ensure you’re getting the most out of your account, we’ve outlined a few steps for you to take. These steps are requirements to ensure you receive your Windfall Checking benefits each month. If these requirements are not met, no dividend
will be paid and ATM fees will not be refunded – but don’t worry! If you can’t meet the requirements in one month, you’ll start receiving your benefits the next month that you do. The steps listed below are simple and quick, and we’re confident they
will make your banking experience even better.
Step 1: Sign up for eStatements
With eStatements, you can reduce the paper clutter in your home (and we know it can pile up at times!) while helping the environment. Once
you’re signed up, you can receive and view your monthly account and Visa® credit card statements online or in the mobile app whenever you need.
To sign up for eStatements on the CCU mobile app:
- Log in to your digital banking account
- Tap "More," then select "eDocuments"
- Select “Settings” in the corner of the screen
- Tap "Subscribe" and follow the instructions then tap “Subscribe” again to complete the process
To sign up for eStatements online:
- Log in to your online banking account
- Go to the eDocuments widget
- Click Subscribe in the Overview section then follow the instructions then click “Subscribe” to continue
Learn more about eStatements benefits.
Step 2: Set up Direct Deposit
Would you rather worry less about picking up your check before you leave work for the day? Even better, do you want to skip the lines in a branch or the extra steps in mobile banking to deposit your check? The good news is you can. By
setting up direct deposit, you can have your check automatically deposited into your account by the opening of business each weekday. Plus, it’s FREE!
To enroll for direct deposit:
- Ask your employer if they participate in a direct deposit program
- Provide your employer with CCU’s Routing and Transit Number (222380359) and the additional information below depending on whether you’d like your deposit to go into your savings or checking account
- For savings and checking: Head to the “Information Widget” in Digital Banking (either within the CCU app or on desktop) to look up your direct deposit numbers
- For savings and checking: Contact us to have a CCU representative print, fax, or email your direct deposit information to you
- For checking: Give your employer a voided check or the full 14-digit account number from the bottom of your check, starting with "9570"
Learn more about payments that can be directly deposited into your account and payroll distributions.
Step 3: Make At Least 12 Card Purchases Each Month
Plan and make sure you have at least 12 CCU Visa credit or check card purchases posted to your account each month. We recommend making your Windfall Checking account your go-to account to help meet this requirement. A helpful way to do this is by linking
your card to your monthly utility payments, Amazon account, and any other subscriptions you may have, such as Netflix or Hulu.
Thanks for Choosing Windfall Checking at CCU!
We’re so happy you chose Windfall Checking for your financial needs and hope you enjoy your better banking experience. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Learn more about Windfall Checking!
Federally Insured by NCUA. All accounts are verified through ChexSystems. Membership eligibility required. Dividends paid on balances up to $20,000. ATM fees refunded up to $30 a month. To qualify for a dividend and ATM fee refund, member must: have at least 12 CCU Visa® credit or check card purchases posted to your account each month, have a direct deposit into your account, and receive eStatements. If requirements are not met, no dividend will be paid and ATM fees will not be refunded.