Fraud Prevention Services
As credit and debit card fraud continues to rise nationwide, the need for Fraud Prevention Services becomes increasingly necessary.
Take the Worry out of Plastic Card Fraud
At Corning Credit Union, we are taking steps to combat fraud by utilizing a fraud prevention service. This service enables us to detect any unusual activity on your
Visa® credit or debit (
ATM) card. If it detects suspicious transactions on your account, a fraud specialist from Fraud Prevention Services will contact you.
Please be aware, in the event a fraud specialist is unable to reach you, there is the potential that a block may be placed on your card. This block is a proactive effort to prevent unauthorized card use. If you experience a block or a decline,
call Corning Credit Union for assistance.
If you suspect fraud, if your card has been lost or stolen, or if you are experiencing difficulty using your card, call CCU’s Fraud Prevention Services at 607-962-3144 or 800-677-8506.
What can you do to help?
- Always keep your contact information current by notifying us of any changes, or updating your information in our online or mobile banking service.
- If you will be traveling,
call us before leaving to alert us and update your contact information, if necessary.
- Contact us immediately if you believe your
Visa credit or debit (
ATM) card or PIN has been lost or stolen.
- Always sign the back of your cards upon receiving them.
- Regularly review your statement(s) for unauthorized transactions and contact CCU immediately if you discover fraudulent activity.
- Enroll your CCU credit and debit cards in our text messaging fraud alert service. If we detect any unusual transactions on your card(s), we’ll send you a text message asking you if the transaction is yours and provide you with simple instructions
for how to respond.
Log into online banking
- Click on “Card Fraud Alerts” in the Quick Links section on the lower right-hand side of the dashboard
- Follow the on-screen instructions (you will need to enroll each of your cards for this service)
- Sign up for text or email alerts to be notified via text message or email when transactions are made in any of your CCU accounts.
Log into online banking
- Choose “Settings” from the navigation menu on the left
- Select the “Notifications” tab
- Click the settings gear icon next to "Transaction Alert" in the Accounts section
- Click the toggle switch to turn on alerts
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up alerts for each desired account
*Visit our online
security center for more information about fraud prevention.